The Utroms were a peaceful race who inhabited Dimension X until Kraang discovered the Mutagen secreted by the Kraathatrogons and used it on himself. Mutating into a monstrous being with powerful telepathic abilities, he used his powers to turn the majority of the Utroms into the Kraang Hive Mind, extensions of his own evil personality. Some Utroms had the strength to resist his domination, but overtime their numbers dwindled until only about one hundred remained free. This group became known as the Utrom Tribe under the leadership of the Utrom High Council, one of whose members-Knight-eventually betrayed them to become Kraang's second-in-comand.
- Annihilation: Earth! Part One (Debut)
- Annihilation: Earth! Part Two
- Riddle Of The Ancient Aeons (Mentioned)
- The War for Dimension X
- In Annihilation: Earth! Part One, the first Utrom that was seen and introduced was Bishop.
- In Bishop's previous incarnations, he wasn't an Utrom but a human.
- According to Bishop, Kraang SubPrime was formerly an Utrom.
- It has been seen that most of the Utroms are named after different chess pieces.
- Queen is the ruler of the Utroms.
- The Kraang originated from the Utroms, since an Utrom scientist named Kraang discovered the Mutagen. There, Kraang Prime was born and a few of the Utroms became under his control.