|Tale Of The Yokai|
|Season 3, Episode 20|
|Air Date||August 9th, 2015|
|Turtles In Time||Attack Of The Mega Shredder|
Tale Of The Yokai is the twentieth episode of Season 3 of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012 TV Series). This episode was directed by TBA and written by TBA. This episode was aired in August 9th, 2015.
- This episode's title is similar to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legend of the Yokai, a short film and fan-art compendium website that was made to promote the 2014 film.
- The Ninja Turtles will meet The Hamato Clan, a young Hamato Yoshi (Splinter), a young Oroku Saki (Shredder), Tang Shen, Hamato Yuuta, and baby Miwa.
- The Turtles will witness the fire in Japan, which was the fight between Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi, Tang Shen's death, and Miwa being taken away by Shredder.
- Renet Tilley reappears in this episode right at the end, when she returns them to New York City in present-day.
- The reason why the Turtles were sent to Japan, sixteen years ago, was so that they could rescue Hamato Yoshi from dying in the fire.
- Oroku Saki, Tang Shen, Miwa, and the Hamato Clan met the Ninja Turtles.
- Hamato Yoshi never had the chance to see them, but they did rescued him from the fire.
- The Ninja Turtles were confused as Yokai or Kappa various times in this episode.
- A Yokai is a demon that can be either evil or mischievous to people, which most of the time, takes the form of an animal (like a Kappa, which takes the form of a turtle) or a human. Their presence is followed by a tragic event according to legend.
- Hamato Yoshi's father's name was revealed in this episode for the first time.
- The L.A.R.P Turtles appear just in the beginning of the episode.
- Michelangelo got his second kiss from Renet on the cheek.
- This is the first episode in where a character is killed on screen.
- When Casey Jones and April O'Neil were fading away from a picture that Donatello had show the Turtles from his T-Phone, this was clearly a reference from Back To The Future.
- Mikey even pointed out that he watched a movie in where the same thing happened, meaning that he either watched Back To The Future or a film similar to it.